- I'm extremely honored to have been one of only seven NYC firms in 2013 to have received U.S. News and World Report's highest -- Tier One -- ranking for mediation, and one of just twelve NYC firms to have been awarded Tier One ranking for arbitration; only four NYC firms received Tier One rankings for both mediation and arbitration. Stay tuned for the 2014 rankings, due out in November.
- The State Bar Labor and Employment Section's ADR Committee, which I co-chair, presented a plenary program about ethical issues in employment mediation and arbitration at the Section's Fall Meeting. The program was very lively and well-received.
- The Southern District of New York employment mediation program asked me to be a trainer for new mediators in the program.
- The Commercial Division of the Supreme Court, NY County, has invited me to serve on its Advisory Committee for its mediation program, which has ramped up to increase mediation of commercial cases.
- My article about adapting Federal Rule 68 to arbitration was published in the Fall 2013 issue of the NY Dispute Resolution Lawyer, which is the NY State Bar Dispute Resolution Section journal. It is available here; click on "publications."
- After serving as co-chair of the Mediation Committee, I'm now co-chair of the Arbitration Committee of the New York State Bar Dispute Resolution Section. Please join the Committee! We have bi-monthy meetings featuring practical discussions about hot topics in arbitration. (You can go to nysba.org/dr to sign up.)
- The Eastern District of NY has invited me to serve on its roster of mediators and arbitrators for cases arising from Superstorm Sandy; I'm very happy to help.