- On November 1, 2013, U.S. News and World Report released its law firm rankings. I'm extremely honored to have been one of only seven NYC firms to have received its highest -- Tier One -- ranking for mediation, and one of just twelve NYC firms to have been awarded Tier One ranking for arbitration; only four NYC firms received Tier One rankings for both mediation and arbitration. I'm also very pleased to have been selected as a "New York Super Lawyer" for Dispute Resolution for 2014.
- I was invited to be a presenter on ADR Ethics at the Annual Meeting of the NYS Bar Dispute Resolution Section in January.
- In March, the ABA asked me to be a panelist at Cardozo Law School to discuss employment law mediation and arbitration.
- The American Arbitration Association and State Bar have asked me to join the faculty of their arbitration training course in July, 2014.
- The State Bar Labor and Employment Section has asked its ADR Committee, which I co-chair, to present a plenary program about ethical issues in employment mediation and arbitration at the Section's Fall Meeting in Ithaca, NY, in September.
- The Southern District of New York employment mediation program asked me to be a trainer for new mediators in the program.
- The Commercial Division of the Supreme Court, NY County, has invited me to serve on its Advisory Committee for its mediation program, which is ramping up to increase mediation of commercial cases.
- My article about adapting Federal Rule 68 to arbitration was published in the Fall 2013 issue of the NY Dispute Resolution Lawyer, which is the NY State Bar Dispute Resolution Section journal. It is available here; click on "publications."
- After serving as co-chair of the Mediation Committee, I'm now co-chair of the Arbitration Committee of the New York State Bar Dispute Resolution Section. Please join the Committee! We have bi-monthy meetings featuring practical discussions about hot topics in arbitration. (You can go to nysba.org/dr to sign up.) I also co-chair the ADR Committee of the State Bar Labor and Employment Section.